Encouraging & Celebrating East Coast Writers (The Kaupapa)
Yes, it is happening in 2022!
OPEN for submissions: October 1. Deadline for all submissions: March 1, 2022
Your Hub Team: Gillian Moon, Chris McMasters, Aaron Compton, Reg de Wolf-Ngarimu
Whether you write science fiction, memoir, romance, essays, speeches, non-fiction or graphic, if you are from Tairawhiti or have a connection to the East Coast, we want to see your print-ready work in English or Te Reo Maori. Our community is diverse, inclusive and we are creating a book for all of us.
• All submissions must be unpublished work
• Short stories or essays up to 4000 words
• Include your bio, up to 100 words
Submissions in a word document to email@example.com
Set up for success:
• Spell check
• Grammar check
• Edit – get a teacher/mentor/friend to edit when you finish your self-edit. It’s difficult to spot your own errors.
• Times New Roman 12 pt font
• Spacing set at 1.5
• Leave a single space between sentences (sorry, typists, you are trained to leave two lines)
• Don’t add in any Headers or Footers
• Use the ‘Space after Paragraph’ feature found on the ‘line and paragraph spacing tab’. Don’t use your tab to indent, or you will have to remove them all!
This anthology will be available in print and as an e-book. The excitement and thrill of being published are fantastic, and there will be a local launch.
Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org